Team Rules And Policies:
Here at eMotion we offer a TEAM experience for those dancers that want to dedicate a little more time and energy to the art of dance. Being a part of a team doesn’t just mean to be in a group of people with complementary abilities, it also encompasses the concepts of:
* Respect for other dancers
* Respect for the instructor
* Respect for the art of dance
* Respect for the studio space and stage
* Taking responsibility for yourself to help better the team
* Showing dedication by practicing as a team and performing together as one team and not pieces of a team
* Encouraging others and supporting the team through rough performances and great successes
At eMotion we believe that each dancer on a TEAM should:
“Move as one but let the details of your inner self speak in the moments.”
Our TEAM experience follows our core beliefs that small quality class sizes help dancers to succeed the best. Teams will consist of no more than ten dancers and those interested in being a part of the team must speak with Keri first. Current TEAMS are as follows:
Adult Hip Hop TEAM (ages 19+) Saturdays 9:00-10:30AM
1st-3rd grade Hip Hop TEAM Mondays 3:30-4:30PM
4th-6th grade Hip Hop TEAM Tuesday 4:15pm-5:30PM
* Membership into TEAM will be available until October 2012 for any remaining spots. After that, new potential TEAM members may join mid June of 2013.
Call to learn more about how you or your child can get involved!
(571) 318 9908
If the dancer is new to eMotion, he or she will need to audition (taking a class can act as audition). The audition will consist of the drop in class fee for 1 class in which the instructors of eMotion will give the dancers a warm up followed by a piece of choreography. Although the instructors will be looking for the dancers to be good movers and have some ability to pick up choreography quickly, the majority of the assessment will be based on the following:
* Is the dancer focused and paying attention?
* Does the dancer respect the instructor and listen?
* Does the dancer respect the other students?
* Does the dancer have a genuine interest and passion for dance?
* Can the dancer (and the parent if necessary for attending TEAM) commit to coming on a consistent basis?
Once the dancers have been chosen they will be notified via email with 7-14 days of the audition. Once chosen for TEAM, each dancer will meet one time a week for 60-75 minutes (depending on age group) to work on conditioning, technique and choreography. Dancers will gain strength, coordination, flexibility, and mental skills to help them with movement and in every day life. TEAMS will commit to performing at one dance competition a year and further performances and workshops will be discussed through the year. Extra rehearsal time, classes or performances can be discussed with eMotion staff on an individual basis.
* Dancers are allowed to miss no more than 10 scheduled classes a year. Of course certain circumstance would be acceptable once discussed with the instructor. These would include things such as a death in the family and being sick. Things like homework or a party event are not acceptable reasons to miss more than 10 classes a year. This rule is enforced to ensure that each dancer is part of the TEAM and every individual is giving just as much effort to the group. Failure to comply with these rules may result in being asked to leave the TEAM.
Majority of communication will be through email. If this form of communication doesn’t work for you, please provide eMotion with the appropriate form.
Estimated Expense for being on TEAM includes:
(1) 60-90 minute class a week - $15-25 per class (Payment is due on the date given and if received late the student can be given a late fee of up to $5 a day. The expectation is that the student is in class each week. There are no make ups for TEAM unless the instructor needs to cancel for some reason. Therefore if a student misses a class they will not be offered a make up.)
(1) Costume per year – can range from $40-$70
(1) Competition fee per year – can range from $20-$40 a person
* Any other cost for workshops or performances the group may decide to do during the year
The rules and policies listed here are subject to change at any time. Failure to comply with any of the rules, policies, and procedures of eMotion will result in removal from the TEAM program.
To learn more, please contact Keri Roberts at email@example.com.